2011 was a remarkable year, because my job of 28 years came to an end. I prepared for it the best I could, but when I was finally terminated, I felt really alone. And scared. The plans I had made seemed worthless.
I came to realize that it was a huge area in my life that my dependency and trust was still greatly in myself and not God. I’ll spare you the details of the battle, but here is what is working for me.
- I say to myself everyday: “I will not doubt God”, because when I worry, that’s what I’m really doing.
- I forbid myself to think any farther in the future than what I had to do in this week. I take care of business that is mine.
- I count talents I’ve been given and blessings I receive.
So my New Year’s resolutions are:
- I’ll use my IT skills to share my testimony with you.
- I won’t be afraid to do it.
- I’ll follow my mission statement