They say nothing is constant except change. I have to upgrade from F14 to F16. I have things just the way I want them now, but I’ve slipped off the support radar now and I have no choice. Preupgrade worked well with Queenie, so I’m hopeful.
If I don’t see you for a while…well, you know.
January has been such a rush. I’ve gotten some contract work, and a few interviews and still feverishly working to bring Tech Harbor/Loganville Linux to fruition. The legal parts are done! The technical parts are almost there.
My office is a mess, and it’s raining like HELL outside, but today my cup runneth over.
[hana-flv-player video=”http://michaeljpierce.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/morningops2.flv” width=”400″ height=”300″ description=”A prayer at sunrise on Topsail Island” player=”4″ autoload=”true” autoplay=”false” loop=”false” autorewind=”false” /]
This is a time-lapsed video of sunrise, with a prayer to inspire you
2011 was a remarkable year, because my job of 28 years came to an end. I prepared for it the best I could, but when I was finally terminated, I felt really alone. And scared. The plans I had made seemed worthless.
I came to realize that it was a huge area in my life that my dependency and trust was still greatly in myself and not God. I’ll spare you the details of the battle, but here is what is working for me.
- I say to myself everyday: “I will not doubt God”, because when I worry, that’s what I’m really doing.
- I forbid myself to think any farther in the future than what I had to do in this week. I take care of business that is mine.
- I count talents I’ve been given and blessings I receive.
So my New Year’s resolutions are:
- I’ll use my IT skills to share my testimony with you.
- I won’t be afraid to do it.
- I’ll follow my mission statement